Portraying A Monarch (Kings, Queens, and Royalty)
Don’t you all just wonder what it would feel like to live as a king or queen for a day? Like an actual ruler? Not like a dictator or a tyrant, no. This guide will cover some of the things that you’d need to keep in mind when portraying a king or a queen. Monarchs aren’t just about looking pretty with thousands of jewels and sitting on a fabulous throne and being all proper, there’s more to it. The discussion following this guide might mostly refer to the British monarchy since it is the most known to be around, other than the dukes and duchesses of some of the European countries.
Warning: Slight form of History lessons applied. You may get bored if History isn’t your favorite subject.
Waitomo Glowworm Caves are a famous tourist attraction because of the large population of fireflies that live in caves. Fireflies, or Arachnocampa luminosa - tiny bioluminescent creatures that produce blue and green light live exclusively in New Zealand.
Printing this and hanging it up in the laundry room ☺
tumblr has taught me more about real life than real life ever has
And, finally, the tune I wrote for Ballad. Fiddle is Kate Hummel. Whistles and bodhrans and harps and all that jazz are me.
if you want to kill someone stab them with an icicle because the icicle will melt and then there will be no murder weapon
you are the future
My friend and I came up with this in 7th grade, unfortunately we haven’t ever tested the theory.
This is my kind of chainmail
This is too cool NOT to reblog.
• Accidentally close a tab? Ctrl+Shift+T reopens it.
• Bananas release dopamine, eat them when you’re sad.
• CTRL+SHIFT+ESC is the one handed version of CTRL+ALT+DEL
• Don’t brush your teeth hard, it makes them sensitive and removes enamel.
• Don’t like spiders? Put citronella oil on your walls and they will not go there.
• Drink one glass of water for every alcoholic drink you have, you’ll get drunk without getting a hangover.
• Get clear ice cubes by boiling water before freezing it
• Heal paper cuts and immediately stop the pain with chapstick.
• If you accidentally write on your dry erase board with a permanent marker, scribble over it with a dry eraser marker to remove it.
• If your shoes smell, put them in the freezer overnight, it will kill the bacteria.
• Make bug bites stop itching with a banana peel.
• Make a paper longer with 12-point text, but 14-point periods and commas.
• Need to get around a blocked website at work? Try replacing the http:// with https://
• Never send your resume as a word file (unless asked) Instead, print it to a pdf file, it’s much cleaner and professional looking.
• Pick a flavor of gum you don’t normally chew, and chew it while studying during a test.
• Place a piece of bread in a container with your homemade cookies and they will stay soft.
• Put a dry towel into a dryer with wet clothes, they will dry faster.
• Put toothpaste on a pimple and it will dry out.
• Practise fake smiling in the mirror every day before going to work/school, you’ll genuinely start to feel happier.
• Rub canola/olive oil on knives before cutting onions, you won’t cry, alternatively chew gum and you won’t either.
• Short on time with a wrinkled dress shirt? Hang it up in the bathroom to steam it flat.
• The night before, place things you don’t want to forget the next morning on top of your shoes.
• Use hydrogen peroxide to remove blood stains from clothing.
• When cleaning windows use newspapers or coffee filters instead of paper towels, they will not leave streaks.
• When microwaving bread products/pizza put a glass of water in with it, it will keep your bread for going spongy.
• When you move into a new place you’re renting, take pictures of any and all damage, then post them on facebook (privately if preferred) so you can use the reference date as proof you didn’t do it.
• When searching plane tickets online delete your cookies prior, prices go up when you visit a site multiple times. <sma